Ballarat Light Car Club.
Officially the Ballarat Light Car Club came into being in 1991 but in reality the club was formed in 1949 as a branch of the Light Car Club of Australia.
The parent club the Light Car Club of Australia fell into serious financial difficulties after the failure of some very high risk projects in the late 1980s and astute local members could see that its likely demise would destroy the Ballarat Branch also.
In consequence the committee of the time carefully worked through the process of dissolving the Branch and creating a new club. This was skillfully done so as to have the new club retain the majority of assets of the old club.
History Of Members.